It also happens to be the inconvenient and dangerous truth.
Messrs. Merriam and Webster tell us that socialism has the following definitions:
- any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods;
- a system of society or group living in which there is no private property;
- a system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state; and
- a stage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and communism and distinguished by unequal distribution of goods and pay according to work done.
- On the campaign trail last year, on October 12, 2008, candidate Barack Obama was recorded famously telling plumber Joe Wurzelbacher, "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
- In February 2009, during the speech in which he called Republicans "assholes," Green Jobs Czar Van Jones sarcastically asked a questioner, "how's that capitalism working for you this year?" He also encouraged intimidation so that certain Senators begin to "act right." Of course, Jones has since resigned in deserved disgrace.
- Rep. Barney Frank, in March 2009, regarding AIG: "We own the company. We are the majority owners. I think the federal government should now step in as the owner, and say to these employees, our employees, bonus my foot!"
- March 30, 2009, President Obama announced that General Motors Chairman Rick Wagoner would "step aside," not as a condemnation of Wagoner, but rather a recognition that it will "take new vision and new direction to create the GM of the future."
- Outgoing Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis has just agreed to abide by the "request" of Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg, to take no salary or bonus for 2009 because it was "not in the best interests of Bank of America to get into a dispute with the paymaster."
- The six other major corporations that accepted bailout money face similar control under the watchful eye of the paymaster.
- Government and government-secured lender ownership in Chrysler: 10%
- Government ownership of General Motors: 70%
- Government ownership of AIG: 79%
- Government share of spending on health care in the U.S. (pre-health care bill): 56%
- President Obama has stated emphatically on more than one occasion that he wants a single-payer, government run health care system in America. He is pleased to tell you in his own words:
- On October 29, House Speaker Pelosi made public the 1900+ page proposed health care bill that will cost over $1,000,000,000,000; will expand the (bankrupt) Medicaid program; and includes a nonsensical provision that does not allow private insurers to deny coverage of pre-existing conditions.
The theme of this chapter is murder. So, where's all the murder? Patience, the stage needs to be set. In order for murder to become legal and acceptable, one must first get power and alignment of the economy, politics and the culture. Deaths follow socialism as day follows night.
Hint: read Chapter 1.